Message Board
Register

Re: Dreamcast?

Posted by Tricob on .
I haven't had any problems with NES games since I got my own NES, aside from the "traditional" problems where you have to insert the cartridge in numerous angles before it finally works. A good cleaning usually makes it less of a problem, though. You just have to ensure that both the NES's pins *and* the cartridge is cleaned before you try it out.

Unlicensed/European NES games aren't a problem, either ... at least not since disabling the 10NES chip, though the "Level Complete" screen on Smurfs *is* a bit garbled. :-) I don't have a Honeybee adaptor yet, so running Famicom games like Galaga or Dig Dug is out of the question. There is a generic alternate adaptor, but I don't know yet how well it works. AFAIK, the only difference between Famicom games and NES games are the different number of pins the cartridge uses, but I haven't verified this yet.

Again, Mig-29 and Bee 52 aren't exactly emulator friendly, so an actual NES was the way to go for me. :-)

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: Dreamcast? posted by Snake Eyes on .
Yeah if you manage to find a solution please let me know. Truth be told I never really put any energy into solving it myself. I primarily used my DC for NES emulation. I got it after the console had fallen out of grace with gamers. It runs NES games great though.

Replies:
Snake Eyes -- 4/12/2013 7:29 am UTC
Tricob -- 4/14/2013 1:59 pm UTC
Snake Eyes -- 4/15/2013 11:48 am UTC
Tricob -- 4/15/2013 6:51 pm UTC
Snake Eyes -- 4/16/2013 8:43 pm UTC