Message Board
Register

Sega CD?

Posted by Sawachika on .
There was a console add-on for the Sega Genesis, called Sega CD. There was some cheesy games like 'Sewer Shark' and i'm pretty sure another 'Echo the Dolphin' sequel, but there were quite a few quality RPGs with voice overs and animated scenes. Also- much like a few of the PS1 discs, most, if not all of the games, were in a format that the first track was data, and several tracks past that were various audio files- the discs would work as a soundtrack as well.

There were 2 Lunar games, possibly a third for the Sega CD. The first two were re-released on the PS1, but the third has been apparently lost forever. A friend of mine some 20 years ago had this machine, showed me the Lunar games. I know for a fact that at least two bromides-(items that resemble a picture of the female characters in various levels of risque-ness) cut from the PS1 version, and it even seems like the rest of the PS1 versions were dumbed down. It seems like there were a couple of areas cut out in the PS1 version too. The game was definately easier than the Sega CD version-which also only allowed saving the game when a character increased thier level from XP points!

There was also some Shining Force titles, and i'm sure other countless cool games too. Any chance of reviving that system with emulation and iso's?

Replies:
Re: Sega CD?
marcleach75 -- 2/16/2014 6:09 pm UTC
Re: Sega CD?
Sawachika -- 12/7/2013 12:23 pm UTC