Message Board
Register

Re: Donating

Posted by Vimm on .
Actually I've been thinking of closing the Vault Store lately. I opened it when there were tons of games stores nearby and I could use that resource to find games for people. Plus I needed to fill the massive drop in ad revenue from the .com crash to pay the server bills. Now it's all Gamestop stores with all the same prices, I haven't added new inventory in ages, and Vimm's Lair is more affordable now. I'm thrilled the store was successful and I've shipped out hundreds of orders over the years, but I think it has run its course.

I feel a bit guilty about The Manual Project, I've neglected it for a while now. I'd often scan manuals while watching TV but I rarely watch TV anymore. I'm not sure I even need cable, really. $60/mo for something I hardly use and can often watch online for free anyway. And then the upload form still doesn't work 100%. I was working on a new process but never quite got around to finishing it.

In reply to: Re: Donating posted by Tricob on .
Not even game donations for the Vault Store, or perhaps game manual donations? Both may be of benefit to Vimm's Lair.

Though to whoever makes such contributions, I'd suggest the donation be made anonymously, for tax-related reasons among other things.

- Tricob.

Replies:
Tricob -- 6/8/2014 9:02 am UTC
Vimm -- 7/18/2014 12:23 am UTC
johnross -- 6/8/2014 4:55 pm UTC