Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: I was here, probably

Posted by dru84532 on .
Yeah there isn't much to talk about anymore...although arcade emulation is starting to take a step forward with better netcode for online play with other people.

So that's something to talk about.

If you like Street Fighter games check out http://ggpo.net/online/downloads/

Kaillera has nothing on this. Although someone is programming a p2p kaillera setup that I've been fooling around with too. It's much much better than before.

I'm fairly decent at SF so if you guys would like to play sometime...drop me a line on aim (dru84532).

In reply to: Re: I was here, probably posted by Vimm on .
Yeah, that Killer thing was a mistake. Just a random person offering to "help" and it worked well with Jigsaw so I figured, "Why not?". I'm sure he meant well, but his messages often contained a maturity gap that bothered me. That's a very common theme amongst people who offer to "help" me. They appear to just be kids that are bored and looking to kill some time. Or at least that's how many act, and in an anonymous environment like the internet how you act is really all that matters.

These boards aren't really that busy anymore. After all, what's there to talk about? Pretty much everything is emulated, all the hot games have been translated, and all the prototypes discovered. There's really nothing exciting going on anymore.

I haven't really looked, but I bet you can't find many emulation sites that are still alive and kicking after 10 years!