Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: I was here, probably

Posted by Tricob on .
>You're right about that, the retro emulation scene has reached its apex with most of the bugs having been worked out and ROMs are no longer elusive with sites like Vimm's Lair, RomNation, and Rom Hustler that hosts entire collections.

Well, there are still significant bugs out there as far as SNES emulation is concerned; I have yet to run across any SNES emulator that runs Super Punchout without any "hiccups". Even today we still get posts in the Message Board about this problem, and no one has a solution.

Quite a shame, too. This is one game I really enjoyed when I played it with the SNES emulators. I'd really like to see it run better.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: I was here, probably posted by Dhaos on .
you're right about that, the retro emulation scene has reached its apex with most of the bugs having been worked out and ROMs are no longer elusive with sites like Vimm's Lair, RomNation, and Rom Hustler that hosts entire collections.
I was hoping to see a surge in the classics with the porting of emulators onto consoles, especially the PSP and Nintendo DS, but so far it hasn't been the case.

But yeah, mad props to you Vimm for keeping the site up for 10 years.
Retrogames is about 9 years old, and it's been practically dead for years. Zophar's Domain is nearly 11 years old but hasn't had a significant update in a long long time.
So yeah, mad props to you Vimm for keeping the site up for 10 years.

Replies:
Dhaos -- 9/11/2007 11:44 pm UTC
Tricob -- 9/12/2007 10:20 pm UTC