Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Too Much Thought Into This!!!!

Posted by jaybrek on .
well then after a strict evaluation and careful thought on the subject while eating this mornings doughnut. i'm going to stick to my gut and say Mario (although i i like link a too) would come out victorious. Mario has endured far more and has made this far with no weapons. plus that son of a bitch can jump miles at a time. he can jump half way up the side of a castle when he's there to fight a bowser clone...it was recently pointed out to me i made an error by saying bowser had 8 lives. Anyway my answer is Mario would win.

In reply to: Re: Too Much Thought Into This!!!! posted by captainobvious on .
Now, the real question is, "Who would win: Mario or Link?"
Bowser and Ganon are far weaker than these two heros. So which hero is better? Obviously the better hero also has the better villain.

They both save a princess over and over again.
Mario saves mushroom-people. Link saves sages.
Link has his sword, while Mario just uses his hands.
Link can shoot bolts of magic (but only with full hearts) and arrows, while Mario can shoot bouncing fireballs.
Link always has bombs, Mario has to find Bob-ombs.
Mario can defeat enemies simply by jumping on them--Link takes damage whenever he touches a baddie.
Mario uses his hat for extra protection, while Link has red and blue rings. And Link can find extra hearts for extra toughness.
Link can use a candle to produce a flame as big as he is.
Link has the hookshot. And a boomerang that can hit things and still come back.
Mario can use a feather to fly much farther than Link can with a feather. Link can't even jump without a feather.

Besides weaponry, Mario dies whenever he falls down a pit but Link just loses half a heart.
Mario has extra lives while Link has extra hearts.
Mario's been in far more games than Link, but Link is more sought after. I've heard plenty more about "TLoZ: Twilight Princess" than "Super Mario Galaxy".
Mario has his trademark M-hat. Link is left-handed, and he's got TWO earrings (they pierced his ears during the 7-year time warp).
Link can switch sword-arms by turning from facing left to facing right.
Mario can eat mushrooms to change his size.
Mario has been captured on a few occasions ("Mario is Missing" and "Super Princess Peach" come to mind).

(Oh, and Bowser doesn't have 8 lives, those were just fake bowsers.)

-------------

Replies:
*nods visciously* oh absolutely oprah. *nt tricob*
johnross -- 7/17/2006 5:10 pm UTC
The real question:
Syntax -- 7/16/2006 5:56 pm UTC
grand salad
johnross -- 7/17/2006 5:46 pm UTC
Re: grand salad
solis -- 7/19/2006 6:32 am UTC
Re: grand salad
Syntax -- 7/19/2006 6:40 pm UTC