Miscellaneous Board
Register

My ultimate NES game

Posted by captainobvious on .
Oh man. I'd really like to put Bubble Bobble on here, 'cause it has so many unique levels, but I haven't actually beaten it. I think the best I did was to get the final boss to half hp in his second phase, 1-player.

I'd also like to put Dragon Warrior 3 on here, but I stopped right after entering the DarkWorld. Same sorta thing goes for DW2, Zelda2, and a few others; I figure, if I GET TO the end of the game, I don't actually have to BEAT it since I can't PROVE I beat it--the final savepoint is close enough. Guess I gotta go back and finish those some time. I've played countless other games and given up half-way through simply because I got bored with them or always died at some hard point (for example, Final Fantasy 1 (bored), Gauntlet 1 (character's endurance always ran out in about world4, always missed a certain password-vault), Metroid (mother brain)).

I suppose beating-on-an-emulator-using-savestates-and-cheats doesn't count, so Gradius and The Guardian Legend are stripped from me. I had to use the *infinite* lives input-code twice in order to beat Solstice (I put it in, played for awhile, then noticed I was almost out of lives, so I had to put in the cheat again).

As for NES games I actually HAVE beaten (legitimately), here are my top picks:
Zanac (space shoot'em'up) ; Crystalis (action/rpg)

----------------
(Honorable mentions in bold)
----------------
PS. Some games, like Tetris, don't have an end. Can you beat those?

" "

In reply to: NAME YOUR ULTIMATE NES GAME! posted by ipod on .
Common guys, list your all time favorite Nes games that you BEAT! If you did not beat the game, do not post, if you post a game that you did not beat yet played & really enjoyed, then note it.

My all-time favorite Nes Game: Kirby's great Adventures