Miscellaneous Board
Register

re?

Posted by darkatma on .
I like the 10 hour-a-day week myself. Gives you three whole days to lay around playing videogames and smoking pot (jk)

I hate people that too stupid to work. Being punctual is tough though,
I am lucky that I work alone and at the hours of my choosing. Yeah, it's a sweet gig.

Stupid stuff let's see... let's see I tried to install the newest Catalyst drivers from ATI but CCC won't run. It says I need at least version 2 of .net framework. Anyway my brother couldn't find the Catalyst Control Center icon on the desktop and he asked me "wheres the catalytic converter?" That was pretty stupid.

In reply to: "Stupid but true" stories posted by Tricob on .
Feel free to post any stupid stuff that's happened to you lately. The more unbelievable, the better.

My scoop: My work department has been doing a 10-hour-a-day work shift , and having Friday off. The #3 guy of the corporation said that this was done because folks were always taking Fridays off. The real reason it's being done is because he himself wants Fridays off, and my department is the only one in the company that wasn't doing the 10-hour-a-day thing.

Anyway, he said that this work shift change would only be for a couple weeks if it just caused us to fall behind. That was three weeks ago. We're still on the 10-hour-a-day shift.

Why? Well, when the #3 guy found out that the shift was making us fall behind, he offered us two extra employees to help us get ahead again.

Here's how the two newbies panned out:

Newcomer #1 - First day of work, the guy doesn't show up at all. No reason given. Second day of work, same thing. Third day of work, same thing. Fourth day of work, shows up drunk, and later gets arrested.

Newcomer #2 - Shows up twenty minutes late the first day. Second day, won't come in because her big toe is hurting. Really. Third day, shows up 45 minutes late. Fourth day, she shows up an hour and a half late.

I wish I could say I was making this up. My department puts up with a heckuva lot more garbage than they should.

- Tricob.

Replies:
Re: re?
Tricob -- 5/6/2007 11:32 pm UTC
Re: re?
DarkAtma -- 5/11/2007 5:59 pm UTC
Should be 3:30 or *earlier*. -nt-
Tricob -- 5/6/2007 11:33 pm UTC