Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: 4 tricob

Posted by Tricob on .
>I was reading up on how for Wolf3d that they originaly were going to have dragging bodies and stuff?! Thats crazy, thats like a Metal Gear Solid game but in Wolf3d graphics LOL.

Someone web-named Codetech84 actually put this in a Wolf3D Mod. It's called Wolfenstein Reloaded.

>Oh have you played that Blake Stone games? Those sounds pretty cool with shadows and sneaking up and cinematics after playing the episodes.

Yep - My father introduced this one to me years back. Got the 60-level commercial version maybe four years ago. It was version 2.1 instead of 3.0, but since it was five bucks, I couldn't complain. :-) I installed the Version 3.0 upgrade later.

>Oh, btw, how did you get into this stuff? What started it?

I was introduced to it in the worst way possible - The first time I tried it was with the god-awful Version 1.0 (I got the Shareware version as a birthday present), which had the worst raycastor, the slowest player movement speed, and the most annoying bugs. A year or two later, my father was playing the Nocturnal Missions, which looked and played far better. I then indulged myself with the 10-level shareware version, played through all those maps, then got ideas from there as to how much better the maps could be if I did them myself. Later, with MapEdit, I was able to do just that. A few years later, the source code was released, and Wolf3D mods with code changes started sprouting out all over the place. It was a while before I did my own serious coding, though.

My first released TC (Total Conversion) -
http://www.brlowe.co.uk/TricobsIncompleteTC-Munchkins.zip

Has five new treasure sprites I did, along with a treasure sprite from an Alpha version of Wolf3D.

The first mod with my own code changes (and some maps by me, some by other users) -

http://www.brlowe.co.uk/W3D-CMP.zip

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: 4 tricob posted by Terence on .
WOW, i just read tons of stuff about Wolfenstein 3d. I've played it before, "the shareware" from a dollar store, and ive played tons of DOOM, i loved doom, i spent many hours after school playing through the 4 acts and doom 2 and final doom, and also ive played the crap out of DOOM 3, i honestly played it all the time back in my prime emulation days. I was reading up on how for Wolf3d that they originaly were going to have dragging bodies and stuff?! Thats crazy, thats like a Metal Gear Solid game but in Wolf3d graphics LOL. Oh have you played that Blake Stone games? Those sounds pretty cool with shadows and sneaking up and cinematics after playing the episodes. Oh, btw, how did you get into this stuff? What started it?