Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Silence..is funny/whos angry!

Posted by Tricob on .
Quote:
>I never thought getting a job would cost so much.

Depends on the occupation. Yours is actually the first I've heard of that required so much investment of money. My alternate choices of occupation are more an involvement of time rather than money, as you don't need a three-piece suit and bow-tie to write a feel-good poem or sci-fi thriller.

On the other hand, I expect that writing will put me in an interesting position, as I write under my real name as well as a female pen name. I'm likely to develop two completely different groups of fans, both of which may dislike the other author's work. Come to think of it, that situation in and of itself would make an interesting novel.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: Silence..is funny/whos angry! posted by Dhaos on .
I start my new job in less than 2 weeks and it's costing me a fortune! Airfare, hotels, any other relocation fees, I need a new suit, dress shoes, and other clothes, I probably need luggage just to carry all the new stuff! And the one thing you should know about me and why I love emulation is that I am a cheap bastard and could easily become a minimalist. And this is just to get to stage 1, where for a few months food and board are taken care of, It won't be until later when I'll have to buy a car, find a house/apartment, pay for utilites, and all that crap that costs money to live a normal life. I never thought getting a job would cost so much.

Replies:
Re: Silence..is funny/whos angry!
Terence -- 4/24/2008 1:40 pm UTC
I could use a gf -nt-
Terence -- 4/24/2008 1:41 pm UTC