Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Just dropping by, it's Danoz

Posted by Dhaos on .
Hey Danoz. Cool to see you again.

In reply to: Just dropping by, it's Danoz posted by Danoz on .
It's always great to see Vimm's Lair still going strong! There's still a lot of familiar names. Dhaos, Vimm, dru84532, Jigsaw. How is everybody? If there's still a #vimm IRC chat somewhere, I'd love to catch up :).

I first starting coming to Vimm's Lair the latter end of 1999 as I was finishing 8th grade. I now live and work in Washington, D.C. for a foreign policy institution (communications and web technology for a team of global health policy professionals). I'm 24 and engaged to be married. Even though I majored in political science and communications, I was hired primarily to handle all the center's technology (cameras, audio/video editing, web/print graphics etc.) It's a lot of fun! As far as emulation goes, I tinker with Linux at home now and then, and I post a lot at "TrekBBS" (a Star Trek forum :D) and my own "TrekIRC.com" a java/IRC chatroom (though we rarely discuss Star Trek these days).

How is everybody? :)

I'll have to start posting again since I'm having trouble getting ZSNES sound to work on my Ubuntu laptop...

P.S. Vimm: If you can somehow retrieve my Danoz password and email it to djporte1@kent.edu, I would very much appreciate it. Also I'd like to hear how things have been. Again, it's pretty amazing that you've managed to keep Vimm.net running this long.