Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Handheld Systems

Posted by Dhaos on .
I think what really bothers me about the DS is the lack of any other functions. I've enjoyed seeing what my PSP can do from Web browser, music player, video player, picture viewer, IR remote control, VOIP phone, GPS device, emulator of snes/nes/genesis ( I think it can even emulate GB/GBA games). Most of these require homebrew applications, but still impressive nevertheless. The DS, from what I've read about, seems like its limited without the memory expansion pack from the official DS Web Browser (Which Nintendo stopped sales of in the US back in August 2007). I would be happy to hear I am wrong and hear about some homebrew examples from people who have experience with DS homebrews.

In reply to: Re: Handheld Systems posted by Vimm on .
I've enjoyed the DS but I've mostly only been playing GBA games on it. After all, the GBA is the most similar to my favorite console, the SNES. Playing Mario Kart wirelessly is fun though, and the rechargeable battery is very nice. Overall the DS Lite is a very well made platform. Due to the lack of GBA compatibility I don't have much interest in the DSi and I've never given the PSP a serious look. I'm glad the PSP has survived though, because even though I may not be a fan it's healthy to have competition.

Replies:
Re: Handheld Systems
Snake Eyes -- 3/4/2009 9:05 pm UTC