Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: DK Sockmaster version

Posted by Tricob on .
As far as MESS is concerned, you insert the DSK image through the "Devices" menu, selecting "Floppy Zero" for the drive. You can view the contents of the "disk" with the DIR command.

The main DK program should have a BAS extension. Enter the RUN command, followed by the filename in quotes. For example, to run DK.BAS, enter in:

RUN"DK"

As an alternative, you might find the VCC emulator easier (and faster) to use.

For both emulators, the 640x480 graphics mode also runs much faster than the mode you have it in now. :-)

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: "Champ Kong" and "The King" posted by Tarbolde on .
Champ Kong has some nice options, especially the CHAMP exclusive levels and bonus round. Played in DosBox with speed on 'Auto' this runs quite fast! Made it to the pie board in both versions, but again that was as far as I got. Challenging and FUN!

Had some trouble getting The King to work, as CoCo is unfamiliar territory for me. Finally got it going, albeit too slowly to play, in MESS.

There's mention of another DK (Sock Master version) on the same site, but it's in .DSK format and I haven't figured out how to run it yet, either. Any hints on running these two properly?

http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/donkeykong.html

Signing off- got a 'hot' date tonight. ;-)

Replies:
Re: DK Sockmaster and VCC
Tarbolde -- 5/5/2010 6:23 pm UTC
Re: DK Sockmaster and VCC
Tricob -- 5/5/2010 9:12 pm UTC
Re: Scanlines
Tarbolde -- 5/10/2010 5:58 pm UTC
Re: MAME
Tricob -- 5/10/2010 9:49 pm UTC
Re: MAME .59 and .84- sound advice
Tarbolde -- 5/12/2010 9:57 pm UTC
Re: Taito lock