Miscellaneous Board
Register

To realmf...

Posted by Vimm on .
Don't be afraid, I've never been one to encourage flaming. That's what the Message Board was made for, so people could get together and help each other. I realize emulation can be confusing to people, especially those who aren't computer savvy, and while the installers I've built make getting started easier the emulators themselves can be rather daunting. Most emulator authors just don't seem to write with their true audience in mind. Every now and then I'll answer some questions to encourage others but it can be frustrating to answer the same questions over and over, which is why the instructions page in the Emulation Lair and the FAQ here aim to cover most of the basics. My philosophy is that if you design things right people won't need to ask for help, so the quiter these boards are the happier I am.

In reply to: To vimm... posted by soulfire on .
Most of the emulators, and even some of the roms on here, leave ten million questions, to those of us not experienced to using them. And to newcomers like myself I feel like I need to own stock in Microsoft to understand them. How about a board dedicated to helping people figure out how to use them. Even a sort of board where we wont even need to post those annoying questions, or post the most frequent ones. Even something that was just for new people. This is crazy I guess. But I think it would make the site cooler. Other then that. I love this website. If your open to suggestions, that was mine. Probably my last post, because everyone who knows more then the some of us who don't, is gonna come on here and flame the crap out of me.

Replies:
Re: To realmf...
soulfire -- 7/2/2011 1:33 am UTC
Vimm -- 7/2/2011 11:52 am UTC
soulfire -- 7/3/2011 5:17 am UTC