Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: To realmf...

Posted by soulfire on .
Thank you. Again, I always enjoyed this website. I have been a huge fan of it for as long as I first found it. Back when it was all nes and snes. What you do here, is awesome. Thank you for all the roms and the time you put into this website. I always have suggested people come here.

Just with the playstation roms and emulators, I had a lot of trouble figuring them out. I downloaded files and went okay, why can't I use them with the emulators. Downloaded both emulators. Had no idea I had to unzip them first with a different program then winzip. There wasn't a warning about it. And I did not have the software, I spent three hours trying to figure out how to do it, then I found the freeware. Then I went okay, when I found it. I thought my pc was messing with me.

Guess its hard when your trying to make everyone happy. Even those that don't understand the zip you were using.

But thank you, for posting back

Your the best

In reply to: To realmf... posted by Vimm on .
Don't be afraid, I've never been one to encourage flaming. That's what the Message Board was made for, so people could get together and help each other. I realize emulation can be confusing to people, especially those who aren't computer savvy, and while the installers I've built make getting started easier the emulators themselves can be rather daunting. Most emulator authors just don't seem to write with their true audience in mind. Every now and then I'll answer some questions to encourage others but it can be frustrating to answer the same questions over and over, which is why the instructions page in the Emulation Lair and the FAQ here aim to cover most of the basics. My philosophy is that if you design things right people won't need to ask for help, so the quiter these boards are the happier I am.

Replies:
Vimm -- 7/2/2011 11:52 am UTC
soulfire -- 7/3/2011 5:17 am UTC