Rom Request Board
Register

Re: Pepsiman

Posted by Dhaos on .
That article doesn't even bring up that Pepsiman had already made an appearance in Fighting Vipers for the Sega Saturn in Japan. It's terrible and you'll be bored with it pretty fast. Besides, there are much more absurd product placements they missed.

Since it's a Japanese exclusive and just horrible, I would highly doubt Vimm will add it. CoolROM has it.

In reply to: Pepsiman posted by POWER_OF_SHAZAM on .
First off, I would like to tell you that I love your website. vimm.net is the best!

Second, I would like to ask why you don't have any Atari 2600 games (because, hey, who wouldn't want to play "Custer's Revenge" lol jk).

Thirdly, and most importantly, I would like to know why you don't have the Playstation game "Pepsiman".

Allow me to explain: Cracked Magazine was once a ripoff of MAD Magazine, but Cracked has since stopped publishing new magazines and exists solely as a website. The website, cracked.com, has since gone from being a "Parody" website to a "News of the Weird" website, more closely in the tradition of "Ripley's Believe it or not!" than "MAD Magazine". The entire website is highly addictive, and I reccommend it highly. I read about "Pepsiman" in a cracked.com article titled "The 6 Most Absurd Product Placements in Video Game History"

Allow me to explain: Cracked Magazine was once a ripoff of MAD Magazine, but Cracked has since stopped publishing new magazines and exists solely as a website. The website, cracked.com, has since gone from being a "Parody" website to a "News of the Weird" website, more closely in the tradition of "Ripley's Believe it or not!" than "MAD Magazine". The entire website is highly addictive, and I reccommend it highly. I read about "Pepsiman" in a cracked.com article titled "The 6 Most Absurd Product Placements in Video Game History" Apparently, it was an "Officially Licensed Game" (in other words, a terrible game) that was un-fun and existed solely for the purpose of promoting Pepsi. Pepsiman was Pepsi's mascot in Japan, and he is a Superhero that saves the day... with Pepsi. I know that the game is terrible, in fact the cracked.com article even jokes about it, but I would still like to play it, just out of curiosity. I also happen to know that you also have another game on the aforementioned cracked.com article called "Captain Novolin" (SNES) on your website.

This is the exact page of the cracked.com article: http://www.cracked.com/article_20267_the-6-most-absurd-product-placements-in-video-game-history.html

One more thing: Pepsiman (PS1) was a Japan-exclusive game, so I'm not sure if you even CAN get it on the VIMM website, but I just felt the need to ask for it because I'm curious about playing it. (Pretty Plz?)

Replies:
Tricob -- 3/7/2013 6:01 pm UTC
Tricob -- 3/7/2013 5:58 pm UTC