Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Have guns, will travel

Posted by JshThmsRnwtr on .
Personally, I believe in "strict" ruling, but then at the same time... I also believe in "fair is fair".

For the current topic at hand, I believe "an eye for an eye". If you kill (with purpose) then you deserve to be killed, end of story. If you killed (accidentally), then you deserve at least 5-30 years in jail for having absolutely no brains.

Although some laws deserve to be broken (such as the "you cannot download roms legally" laws), personally... there are some things that just shouldn't matter.

Like for example, stealing a pack of gum... like, come on! It's a pack of gum... and just 1 pack. Now if you do it continuously and get caught each time, then you deserve punishment... but a one time offense is nothing to get worked over about.

Anyways, opinion stated... sorry to hear about my country going to the dumps again.

[Go figure, the US is having issues again... nothing new]

""If I am able to play... then nothing else matters.""

In reply to: Have guns, will travel posted by Vimm on .
Another year, another gun slaying in the US. Nothing new there, right? Body count's up to 26 this time and people are finally kinda-sorta willing to talk about it.

Many people have an emotional attachment to their guns, and I respect that. I don't understand it, but I respect it. It occurs to me though that the US is not the only country in the world (despite what some may think) and it's hardly the only developed country with guns. So it begs the question, how have other countries tackled this problem?

And these countries aren't hard to find. Just look at places like Japan, Australia, the UK, Switzerland, even our neighbor Canada. They all have guns and lose under two hundred people per year to bullet wounds. And in the US? Thirty thousand. THOUSAND.

So why such an enormous gap? Clearly this problem is solvable and countries have used a variety of methods to prevent gun fatalities. It's not emotion or speculation, it's a fact. Isn't anyone curious how?