Miscellaneous Board
Register

Missing the "good ol' days"

Posted by JshThmsRnwtr on .
It's amazing how far we have come with our technology and technological needs, so far to the point we barely even have time for using "pen & paper" anymore.

It seems almost as if people have given all hope on our past (except for us here of course and a few others lurking about), rejecting it and always pursuing the more "advanced" future.

Although, I do have to be fair... I admit that today's newer games are really "amazing" in their own way; but no matter how much I enjoy games like:

-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
-Modern Warfare 3
-Resident Evil 6
-Pokemon: Black & White

Plus many other games that I actually haven't played yet (I have only played maybe 4 games of today's generation, but I have managed to see others play these games).

With all due respect, and I know this seems a bit "harsh" as well as "narrow-minded"; but if it wasn't for our past, today's modern gaming wouldn't even exist.

In my utmost humble opinion, I believe it is only fair to pay our respects and give a few plays in return to our past on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.

How about the rest of you...? Which is better in your opinion, or are they "technically" equal?

[Whether or not you agree that the retro generation is better than the modern generation doesn't matter, I still firmly believe that both generations should be experienced and respected nonetheless]

""If I am able to play... then nothing else matters.""

Replies:
Re: Missing the
Tricob -- 9/21/2013 4:40 pm UTC
johnross -- 9/21/2013 11:03 am UTC
JshThmsRnwtr -- 9/21/2013 5:15 pm UTC
Syntax -- 2/8/2014 2:14 pm UTC