Message Board
Register

Re: Donating

Posted by Tricob on .
Well, the news about the Vault Store is kind of sad, but I understand your reasons. :-)

In all honesty, I quit watching TV several years back. I noticed that whenever I get into a series, the network would pull the plug on it. As you said, you can eventually find the episodes online. Through that process, "Bates Motel" isn't a bad series from the first few episodes I've seen. The site with the episodes ran into some sort of "buffering" problem the last time I tried to check it out. I'll probably try it again some time later.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: Donating posted by Vimm on .
Actually I've been thinking of closing the Vault Store lately. I opened it when there were tons of games stores nearby and I could use that resource to find games for people. Plus I needed to fill the massive drop in ad revenue from the .com crash to pay the server bills. Now it's all Gamestop stores with all the same prices, I haven't added new inventory in ages, and Vimm's Lair is more affordable now. I'm thrilled the store was successful and I've shipped out hundreds of orders over the years, but I think it has run its course.

I feel a bit guilty about The Manual Project, I've neglected it for a while now. I'd often scan manuals while watching TV but I rarely watch TV anymore. I'm not sure I even need cable, really. $60/mo for something I hardly use and can often watch online for free anyway. And then the upload form still doesn't work 100%. I was working on a new process but never quite got around to finishing it.

Replies:
Vimm -- 7/18/2014 12:23 am UTC
johnross -- 6/8/2014 4:55 pm UTC