Message Board
Register

Re: Paper Mario Thousand year door

Posted by Vimm on .
You may want to try the latest development build. Dolphin seems to dislike versioned releases but there have been huge improvements since 4.0 released a year ago.

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

In reply to: Re: Paper Mario Thousand year door posted by Yute on .
To add more to this, it's hooktails castle I'm having an issue entering. I've tried to disable dual core and idle skipping as I've seen that can help with the issue, but with no luck. Changing to Direct3D pops up an error when I start Dolphin.

Critical Error

Failed to load D3DCompiler_42.dll, update your DX11 runtime please.

I'm assuming that it wants me to update DX however when I try that I get the following.

DirectX Setup

An internal system error occurred.
Please refer to DXError.log in your windows folder to determine problem.

And in ther error log is the following.

--------------------
[01/21/15 04:32:48] module: dxupdate(Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6637, function: CMDXInstall::Install

Failed API: InstallAssembly()
Error: (0x80070020) - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

--------------------
[01/21/15 04:32:48] module: dxupdate(Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5796, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

MDXInstall::Install() failed.

--------------------
[01/21/15 04:32:48] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------
[01/21/15 04:32:48] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

I've gone into task manager to close programs and the such to try to fix the error with no luck. I greatly apprecate any an all help.