Miscellaneous Board
Register

Another Important Change

Posted by Tarbolde on .
This contest is now open to entrants who are running Windows Vista online as their primary operating system. Simply make a post announcing your intention to compete, and remember to post here again when you switch to a different OS.

-The Judges

In reply to: An Important Change posted by Tarbolde on .

This event has been in progress for over two years now, and I can't take it anymore.

When the contest began, in order to do it full justice I set my Windows theme to XP default: the once-ubiquitous Luna Blue aka the Fisher-Price theme. Bad enough that Blue clashes with nearly any decent wallpaper, but over time the unnatural brightness of the color begins to strain my eyes, resulting in blurred vision and headaches. As the condition worsens it feels as though Luna Blue is actually clawing its way directly into my brain, snapping every synapse in its path and leaving my very thoughts flayed on twitching shards of neural wreckage.

Fortunately one of the three out-of-the-box XP colors is usable, and so it is with great relief that I've changed back to olive green.

It's good to be Home.

Apart from that, I'm running the same installation with no POS hack and no ill effects. But I still might do a malware scan some one of these days. Just to be on the safe side.

-Tarbolde

Replies:
Re: Another Important Change
Tricob -- 6/3/2017 2:14 pm UTC
Tarbolde -- 6/4/2017 6:52 am UTC
The13_Year_Old -- 12/6/2017 1:04 am UTC
Tarbolde -- 12/7/2017 12:32 am UTC
The_14_Year_Old -- 3/5/2018 1:41 am UTC