Message Board
Register

Re: Redump vs. Scrubbed

Posted by needsleepnow198 on .
Thank-You once again for responding. I found the Gamecube Scrubbing primer, but it was actually in the Wii portion of the Vault (even though it appears to be applicable for both consoles).

I'm still having difficulties with getting the tool to work. I'm using this thread as a reference to compressing it to GCZ compression.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-solved-looking-for-rom-iso-compression-guide-advise-for-gamecube-games

I suspect it's me. I've copied the directions in page 3, using my own drive information using the command prompt but it doesn't seem to be working (it even has an option for recursive functionality so it's set it and forget it).

The creator of the utilities are way too in the weeds (but that's their intended audience, so I can't complain).

My feedback would be the recommendation of two very-simple/high-level SOPs to explain how to install (I have that completed correctly) and a provided generalist script to be placed within the command prompt (while replacing the file structure for our own).
- One to scrub/compress our existing collection to GCZ
- One to unscrub/Uncompress back to default.

needsleepnow1983

In reply to: Re: Redump vs. Scrubbed posted by Vimm on .
I'd love if Redump added scrubbed hashes but that seems unlikely. My GameCube Scrubbing primer explains some of the technical details and feedback's welcome. I've found most gamers prefer scrubbed games since they're smaller, while the archiving crowd craves every single byte. There's tools that can accurately convert back and forth though, making scrubbed games more attractive.

If you already have Redump games you can scrub them with Wiims ISO Tool so there's no need to download them again. On the flip side, you can unscrub them with NKit. Both are command-line tools so there's no fancy user interface.

Replies:
Re: Redump vs. Scrubbed
Vimm -- 8/6/2019 2:40 pm UTC