Message Board
Register

Re: Why do Wii games take so long to download?

Posted by DerpySnake on .
Average download speed I've seen is 500kb/s. Not enough bandwidth to spread around to everyone which is understandable.
Pair that with the sheer GIRTH of these game files, you haven't got a time friendly thing going on, ya dig?

In reply to: Why do Wii games take so long to download? posted by ShadedMoonIX on .
It has become a serious pain for me downloading games from more advanced systems like Wii and PS2. It takes nearly a half hour most of the time and I have downloaded larger files for other things way faster in the past (Not from this Site). I understand that there is more to system games than there is handheld, but it is honestly pretty aggravating waiting nearly 30 or so minutes in between each download. I know you guys only allow one download at a time to attempt to avoid download back ups and site traffic, so I am not asking to allow more than one download. However I am asking why it takes so freaking long for Wii games and if it HAS to take this long. By the way I love the site and am thankful for it and all it offers, so not hating the site, just the download times...

Replies:
ShadedMoonIX -- 12/10/2019 9:58 am UTC
sysdom -- 12/10/2019 12:27 pm UTC
DerpySnake -- 12/10/2019 7:20 pm UTC