Message Board
Register

nkit file conversion

Posted by RkyRaccoon on .
I have researched, but cannot figure out how to convert the nkit.iso file to an iso. I've googled quite a bit, but here's what I'm running into:

1. Downloaded the latest version of nkit (1.4). Initially, my anti-virus software was deleting the app. However, I disabled my anti-virus, and was able to run it.

2. When I ran the conversion, it would go through the process, but the verification crc failed, so it deleted the file. After a couple attempts, I unchecked the box, in hopes that it would NOT delete the file that failed CRC check (after reading that it may be due to stripping the padding from the game).

3. Despite unchecking the box (so CRC failed files would NOT be deleted), the file still deleted (as stated in the log--plus, I looked in all the NKIT folders and no output file was found).

4. I tried re-downloading the NKIT file (thinking that my download may be corrupt), but it still didn't work--same results listed above.

5. I read something about DAT files, so I tried to find those, but had less success understanding this portion, TBH. However, based on my someone limited understanding, I figured that disabling the "delete failed CRC check" would "solve" this problem. Maybe I am wrong in assuming this, but I'm at a loss right now.

Thanks for any help.

Replies:
Re: nkit file conversion
Vimm -- 12/31/2019 7:19 pm UTC