Message Board
Register

Re: ROM PACKS

Posted by skeller0160 on .
Ive used wget on windows before but am still new to the software. Where would wget download the file to on my computer? I believe the last time i used it i couldnt locate the file. And as to the bandwidth issue with rom packs, its already very slow to download as it is. It would take hundreds of rom pack downloads at once to make a huge impact.

In reply to: Re: ROM PACKS posted by TinMan1325 on .
Yeah exactly, it's default, meaning they can disable it

I'm willing to bet the overwhelming majority of Windows users don't know about wget, and even a growing number of Linux users don't know about it either. PopOS, GamerOS, Linux Mint, a lot of these you don't need the terminal at all. So I don't understand why they would advertise wget at the bottom of each page (with a Copy button I might add) and inform people about it

And then there's a .txt file with some of the systems that contains a link to each individual game that a person could easily copy and paste

Plus each system is one giant list and not separated for each game

My point being, if they don't want people doing bulk downloads, then they should probably stop making it look like they support bulk downloads. It just seems weird is all

Replies:
TinMan1325 -- 5/13/2020 6:58 pm UTC
TinMan1325 -- 5/14/2020 6:03 am UTC