Message Board
Register

Re: Can My Mini PC run PCSX2??

Posted by notveryhelpful on .
well there's your problem. your hardware (assuming there's discrete graphics in there) might maaaaaaaaaaaybe stand up, but your operating system is basically cancer, and i mean that in every possible way. if this computer is just for emulation, there's no excuse to use windows 10. switch it up. I'd recommend debian, or, if you dont feel safe with linux; windows 7. I'm not on often, but if you can't find a solution elsewhere, message me here and I'd be glad to walk you through it, assuming I remember to log in from this device. no guarantees it will run pcsx2 cleanly, but it might run everything else with a little less fuss and fewer(none) update lockouts.

In reply to: Re: Can My Mini PC run PCSX2?? posted by phayon959 on .
The website for this thing has some pretty big red flags with it. One being that it's running windows 10 on 8gig of ram and has a warning next to the specs stating:
*Due to limitations in CPU processing power, and memory used by the operating system and pre-installed applications, the
actual space available to users will be less than the nominal memory capacity. Actual memory space will change along with
application updates, user operations, and other related factors.

It barely has what it needs to run the operating system it's got installed along with the GPU being low end. It's probably great for older console emulation but I would say you probably aren't getting it to run ps2 games and the like on this one.