Message Board
Register

Re: Can My Mini PC run PCSX2??

Posted by notveryhelpful on .
oops accidentally replied downthread

so you might be capable of running with some fiddling and compromise (low frame rate etc), but you're running the cancer of operating systems. windows 10 has some usability features, but its probably the most bloated OS in history and does a lot of shit like automatic updates; for a retro gaming emulation box, there's absolutely no upside. the reason you can't even try is because your operating system is doing a bunch of heavy shit that you're not using, and short of switching OS, you can't stop it.

replace with windows 7 (if you're skittish about this sort of thing), or debian if you're comfy with a bigger project and working with openGL instead of directx. tutorials on the internet abound, but you'll need a USB flash drive and an ISO file (which is usually exactly a rom, but more so, in fact i think ps2 roms might even use the .iso format.) of windows 7.

you might also check if the RAM is soldered. if not, you can probably replace it with a 16gb chip for under a hundred bucks, which might even enable you to use windows 10 for your emulation. check to be sure before you buy.

In reply to: Can My Mini PC run PCSX2?? posted by Juggla Assassin on .
2020 Newest CHUWI HeroBox Mini PC Computer 8GB+180GB Intel N4100 CPU Windows10 VGA Office 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual WiFi Desktop Host

I bought this mini PC based on this webpage voted it as a top mini PC to play emulators on. Now the epsxe emulator does work after I fucked with the settings but no matter what I do, the Pcsx2 emulator runs slow, as in slow motion. now My home computer runs these emulators just fine but I need to know if I should send the Mini PC back or am I not getting the settings right?