Message Board
Register

Re: News: November 12, 2020

Posted by the_song_bird on .
Xbox and xbox 360 roms would likely be carried if their emulation was any good. It is spotty with low compatibility, even compared to rpcs3. Given that much of the point in hosting the games would be to play them outside of original hardware, they aren't hosted.

I agree that some of the games are edging that grey area concerning piracy, but given Sony isn't supporting the Ps3, and a few of the games you mentioned have received updated/definitive editions on recent consoles or are incomplete compared to their recent gen counterparts, it would most likely have to be determined on a case by case basis what does and doesn't constitute piracy.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

In reply to: Re: News: November 12, 2020 posted by Rurpled on .
This both confuses and excites me.

The first thing I'd like to point out is that some of these games are still very recent and have active communities. Some of these games are straight up piracy. FF14, Minecraft PS3, Dark Souls, and many other games are either still actively maintained on more modern platforms and are commercially sold or still have extremely active communities surrounding them.

The second thing I'd like to ramble on about is your criteria for uploading ROM Sets. Does this mean that you are uploading ROMs for consoles that are two generations old? If this is the case, why don't we have Xbox or Xbox 360 ROMs? (Xbox 360 ROMs fall under my first point, though.) Both of these are over 10 years old.

The third (and final) thing I'd like to complain about is the legitimacy of these ROMs. The PlayStation 3 ROMs say they are being verified by Redump, but Redump (according to their website) does not have datfiles or cuesheets for the PlayStation 3.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling on about this new vault. Sorry for bothering everyone.