Rom Request Board
Register

Re: Dobutsu no Mori/Animal Forest (Wasn't Answered

Posted by Wren on .
I don't quite agree with the reasoning, but I respect it. I would argue that Animal Forest (the English translation anyway) is a version of a game that was released in the West. For me, the only reason I play the ORIGINAL version of Animal Crossing is that I have handhelds that are capable of N64 emulation but not Gamecube emulation. I think the argument for Animal Forest E+ not being included is much more sound. It had features which we never saw in the West. My impression is that the rule is to make it easier to vet games so that Vimm wont need to sift through a mountain of Japanese ROMs. I understand that.

That being said, I think it could be helpful to create pages for these games that linked to other sites. It could even be lumped into a page titled "Japanese Animal Crossing Translations". It can be really difficult to find a safe link to the room for the N64 version in particular. That way, they wouldn't actually need to be hosted on the site, but people could find the ROMs via... what is effectively the largest (by traffic and name share) ROM site on the internet.

In reply to: Re: Dobutsu no Mori/Animal Forest (Wasn't Answered posted by the_song_bird on .
See my post here for why the game is not on Vimm's and where you can find the game in Japanese or translated: https://vimm.net/bbs/index.php?p=viewPost&Post=20830

Replies:
Re: Dobutsu no Mori/Animal Forest (Wasn't Answered
the_song_bird -- 1/8/2021 12:37 pm UTC