Message Board
Register

Re: Technique to create the manuals

Posted by Vimm on .
There aren't any pdf's on this site, except of course for the ones obtained directly from a company or submitted by visitors (via an automated manual contribution). All manuals that I scan are 300dpi png's, and the only place they exist in that form is on my hard drive. When you request a manual page via the online viewer or request a doanload to be built, the png's are resized to the resolution you requested and then converted to jpg. It puts a significant strain on my server, but that old bucket of bolts is still ticking along.

Sorry I never responded to your e-mail, but that address is really just a target for spammers and I rotate it occasionally. I recently setup a new mail server with an awesome new mail program that has great spam filters, so I've actually been checking the mail on occasion.

In reply to: Re: Technique to create the manuals posted by NES Player on .
No, I don't want the VLM format to be described. As far as I see, the JPG files that are shown when you watch the manual online, are the source files and both, VLM and PDF, are created based on them. And now I simply need to know the program that can do something (converting JPG files to PDF documents without a graphical user interface).

Replies:
Re: Technique to create the manuals
NES Player -- 11/10/2006 8:37 am UTC