Message Board
Register

Re: Better rating sort/filter?

Posted by Smashburger on .
Good idea.

But I will say the best way to find hidden gems is to watch youtube videos for a particular console...like "best games for wii" or "most underrated games..." or "best movie games". The youtube channels who do those videos are actual hard core experts who show their face and are held accountable if they say something stupid. You will never worry about relying on these ratings (nameless faces) when you take some time to explore that way.

"I don't know how to put this but...I'm kind of a big deal. People know me."

In reply to: Better rating sort/filter? posted by easyaspi314 on .
Currently, there is a list on the front page that has the best games that seems to include the number of votes in the ranking.

However, there is no way to use this rating method in other ways. Everything on the search is about the normal average, even if they only have one vote. This makes hunting for "hidden gems" difficult (especially on the shovelware-heavy platforms like the Wii).

Some sorting methods similar to the "Overall rating" and filtering/sorting by number of votes would make this much easier. Additionally, putting the number of votes after the rating in the list would be helpful as well.