Message Board
Register

Re: Downloads failed, hours wasted.

Posted by EmptyEnvelope2 on .
It's probably a bandwidth issue. My downloads tend to be successful when I do them during "American" night time (I guess using PST should work).

What you shouldn't do, though, is pause or retry a download from this site. The download will appear to resume properly, but it will get stuck when it's very close to finishing. My guess is that when you resume a download, the site thinks there wasn't any down time at all and starts sending you bytes from a different region of the file (though this is just a guess).

In reply to: Downloads failed, hours wasted. posted by underscorehq on .
Currently is it 3:17AM. I have tried to download Hitman: Absolution for PS3 and was 'invited' to wait 4 hours for it to download, and so I waited by playing some games, while watching over it. 2hrs and a half in, the download completely froze. it's stuck at 13/15gb, and won't budge at all. I waited until this hour to download a game, only to be hit by disappointment.

I have no idea if this is a server, personal internet or browser issue, but it happened on multiple occasions. Please someone tell me I didn't stay up 'til 3AM for nothing.