Message Board
Register

Re: Extracting/Unzipping Gamecube ROM's

Posted by thewhat on .
Any there a chance you've got this specific filetype associated with the wrong software? Like if you'd told Windows to open .iso files with Winrar in the past, maybe it's defaulting that way now.

Easy way to check would be to right-click an ISO filename and choose "Open With", should tell you what it does by default and you can change it from there. I know most people just open rom files directly through their emulators of choice, but that's all I can think of when you're not having similar issues with other formats.

In reply to: Extracting/Unzipping Gamecube ROM's posted by BigBruckyCenzo on .
Hello people,

Before I get into my problem I would firstly like to say I am familiar with the process of downloading/extracting ROMS as iv done it before plenty of times in the past, even from Vimms Lair.

But I haven't done it for a while and now I'm having an issue, Once I download the file from my browser, I use 7-zip/WinRaR to extract the file as you do. (in the past it has always created a folder with the same name as the zip file and inside the folder is a "vimms lair.txt" text doc and normally the .iso file which can only be opened from inside the emulator)

But now inside the folder is the "vimms lair.txt" text doc and another zip file? and that file cant be extracted or opened. Tried re-downloading/re-extracting etc but nothings seems to work.

After some testing with Playstation/Gameboy and Nintendo ROM's they seem to extract normally as I described above, this appears to only be an issue with GameCube ROMS. Not sure if anyone else is having similar issues or is able to help at all.

Thanks

Replies:
Re: Extracting/Unzipping Gamecube ROM's
BigBruckyCenzo -- 12/9/2021 2:26 pm UTC