Manual Project Board
Register

Re: Upper Size Limit?

Posted by Vimm on .
There's no resolution limit but 300dpi is the recommended scanning resolution for The Manual Project and anything over 600dpi is likely a waste. That's because 300dpi is generally considered the standard print resolution, or 600dpi for high-quality printing. I have no idea how manuals are printed but I'd be surprised if they chose otherwise.

There's no limit on pages either. Feel free to play around with the manual uploader. Nothing's published until you hit "Publish".

In reply to: Upper Size Limit? posted by aster on .
Hi all,
I'm new and have a couple of questions about file size. I'm not sure how far above 300dpi I should go before it's just excessive. My scanner claims to do up to 1200dpi, but that is... a lot.
Also, I have copies of Lunar and Lunar 2 (PS1) that came with fancy hardback instruction manuals/strategy guides that are around 120 pages each. I think to scan them and keep them looking okay I may need to remove them from the binding. Can I even upload that many pages at once? I want to be sure it's possible and welcome before I start trying to work on it.
Thanks!

Replies:
Re: Upper Size Limit?
aster -- 12/11/2021 4:15 am UTC