Message Board
Register

Re: Roms only 2 Gens Old.

Posted by DerpySnake on .
Big companies are more likely to protect their newer stuff over their older stuff, since it is the stuff being sold.

Of course, there's a risk inherently sharing any of it, but more-so with newer gens, which is why they're probably not here.

In reply to: Re: Roms only 2 Gens Old. posted by Markedone on .
Hey Tom

Not to be dense here, but by that rational even in 2025 the WiiU will still be too large a download, so it still doesn’t answer the question.

If DDL and download speeds are the only issue then we won’t get any new Gens as they will still be too big, do you see what I mean?

There has to be another reason why the newer gens are not on here, like I mentioned previously there has to be something that changes to make a game viable for being included on here when it reaches 2 gens old.

To answer your concern about being caught, from my experience an ISP can only see the file type you are downloading so they will see Torrent files, and may take action, so I agree Torrents are not a good option. however, the files on here are Zipped, so I doubt you will get caught downloading Zip files no matter how large.

I suppose splitting the really large games into section is an option but it requires some knowledge by the user to get it working, but as this is an emu site you need to know how to work an emu so I can’t see this being an issue.

If it really is DDL and speeds that stop the newer gens then this makes no sense to me, but ok, I guess….?

I mean I wouldn’t mind if this site used something like Mega to store the roms so this manages the downloads and not the browser. I would even support the site so the upkeep of mega could be viable.