Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Chromebook emulators?

Posted by hench on .
Sadly, Chromebooks are more locked-down than even the most ornery of Apple product. You can't mount anything, you cant even technically install anything that isn't in a cloud or offered on the Play store. It's a glorified web browser/app suite. It's basically a phone but with the convenience of a keyboard and bigger screen.

Toward that end, you're better off just getting the cheapest used Dell you can find.

I've tried emulating on ChromeOS. It's a light hassle. Every emulation app exists at the whim of the developer. Since ChromeOS is being updated constantly, devs have to keep up nearly week-to-week lest the codebase of their app is deprecated. Each app I used broke anywhere within a week to six months, the developer conveniently abandoning support and communication two months prior.

In reply to: Chromebook emulators? posted by RantingLlama785 on .
So I have a friend that said "If you play fire emblem on your chromebook I'll snap it in half." Naturally, I feel the need to get an emulator to play fe on my chromebook. Anyone know any emulators for chrome os?

Replies:
Re: Chromebook emulators?
hench -- 2/12/2022 4:55 pm UTC