Message Board
Register

Re: Roms only 2 Gens Old.

Posted by CrimsonQuartz on .
My personal "head-canon" is that, as mentioned on #6 in the FAQ;

"Please show your support for the games you love and purchase them from a store near you."

Vimm wants you to buy your games from the publishers when possible, so the creators of the game get paid for their work.
Most stores that sell games, carry both the current and last gen games, though last gen games don't have as much selection as current gen. So the only way to get 2-gen old games or older is buying 2nd hand from Ebay, Amazon or things like VStock's physical stores. The original Developers receive nothing from you buying these older games, and often times the games are extremely expensive depending on how old they are.

TL:DR Vimm wants you to support the Developers of the games, but most the time the only way to legally obtain older games is to buy 2nd hand, which isnt supporting the Devs

"wHy No PlAyStAtIoN 6 vAuLt??!!??"

In reply to: Roms only 2 Gens Old. posted by Markedone on .
Hey Guys, I’m a big fan of the lair, it’s a goldmine.

I have a question though, I read on these forums that only ROMs that are 2 gens old can be uploaded, I just wanted to ask why? Is this a legal thing or is this limitation there to filter out people uploaded fake Roms or something?

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is common knowledge, I’m just curious.

It seems a shame to have to wait for the successor of the Switch before we get WiiU games like the Zelda HD games. I know I could get these games on other Rom sites but tbh I don’t trust them.

Cheers guys