Message Board
Register

Re: What happened to the NKIT Wii games?

Posted by Dabil on .
They were taken down because NKIT is a terrible format. The dolphin team has made numerous posts warning about the NKIT format. The problem with NKIT is that once you compress a game with NKIT, you can never turn it back to the original file. Also numerous games are broken once turned to NKIT because of the way it compresses files. The dolphin team has already come out and said they will no longer do bug fixes for NKIT issues.

So do yourself a favor and dump your whole NKIT collection and start over. You should be collecting RVZ files, which is a lossy format that can be converted back to the original file if needed. Thus no data is ever lost. There are no known bugs associated with the RVZ format. And BTW, you can convert the WBFS files to RVZ using the dolphin emulator. So download the WBFS files, and convert them to RVZ.

In reply to: What happened to the NKIT Wii games? posted by KawaiiKuroki on .
Hello! Longtime fan, first-time poster here.

I have been downloading Wii games from Vimms lately and I noticed. at some point in the past week, that the NKIT.ISO files are no longer available, and WBFS is the only option. Does anyone know why this is? I noticed that the NKIT GameCube games are still on the site, so this seems kind of random.

I would love to get access to the NKIT Wii files again if they're still available as I like the small file sizes, though I understand if the site has taken them down for a good reason. If they are truly gone and aren't coming back, does anyone have any recommendations for alternative places with small NKIT files?

Thank you in advance!

Replies:
Vimm -- 5/7/2022 8:23 pm UTC
KawaiiKuroki -- 5/8/2022 10:50 pm UTC
Vimm -- 5/9/2022 4:23 am UTC
KawaiiKuroki -- 5/9/2022 4:12 pm UTC
KawaiiKuroki -- 5/7/2022 8:01 pm UTC
KawaiiKuroki -- 5/7/2022 7:39 pm UTC