Message Board
Register

Re: Option to submit missing data for games

Posted by liggliluff on .
Understandable, personally I do prefer unverified values over missing values, as long as they are marked.

After all, #25330 has the wrong languages listed, since I have checked it myself. But sure, I don't have any proof other than my word on that I tested that one.

One idea I have is that missing values provided by users are taken as "true", just not proven. But then if someone reports it as false, at that point you can manually confirm it and mark it as proven. Proven values can't be reported as false, since it's already proven, but it is important that you don't assume the values from those databases or the file names are 100% accurate.

#66994 (and presumably valid for #73320 too) have the number of players listed as 1, despite having a 2-player coop story mode and a 4-player battle mode. #7843 is however listed correctly as "4 Simultaneous".

In reply to: Re: Option to submit missing data for games posted by Vimm on .
I'd love more data but the player number and release year are time consuming to verify. Lots of sites have inaccurate data and I don't want that, so I'd rather have missing data than bad data. It's great when I can grab it from the box art but even that's not 100% accurate.

Languages are provided by NoIntro or Redump so send corrections there. They could be searchable in the future but for now they're not stored separately in the database but are parsed from the title, which makes searching impractical.