Message Board
Register

Re: PS1 Vault updated

Posted by Vimm on .
Thanks for the input.

1. Never seen that, should be easily fixed.
2. Scandinavia is a region, not a country, and thus has no flag. There's a couple other regions too such as Latin America. Suggestions are welcome.
3. I like translations. I'd love to have them all and save people the trouble of patching.

[b] games are a nuisance. I scan for title changes or hash changes and update appropriately, but a title that drops its [b] changes both so there's nothing to tie the titles together. That leaves me with two records, one new and one old. Once I finally sort that out the dupes should stop.

Outdated games will show on the missing list in time. For now I can just delete them so they're missing, then they show in the missing list.

In reply to: Re: PS1 Vault updated posted by antiuser on .
Great.

I've found some more errors:
1. There are 600 records (3 pages) started with "C", but site generates 4th page (blank, no records)
2. There is no Scandinavia flag. Maybe replace it with fictional flag or some neutral picture?
3. Translated games like Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku, Bomberman Wars and others are not redump (and not counted?). Is it an error or they have been uploaded for some reasons?

It looks like the other Vaults have the discrepancy problem too. At least NES (4451 of 4456, but no missing list, also have Warning: Unrecognized language - Yi (Yi) on page "D-1" (filter Asia-Unlicensed)), DS (7363 of 7364, but no missing list, have duplicates (for ex. Transformers - Autobots (Italy) [b] is duplicated and outdated)).

Is it possible to mark outdated games and repair upload button for them? It is hard to find them in The Vault. But even if you found it, the upload button just says "This game is already in The Vault".

p.s. Thank you for such a wonderful project!

Replies:
antiuser -- 12/4/2022 11:45 am UTC
Vimm -- 12/4/2022 1:40 pm UTC