Message Board
Register

PS3 Sold Gold Store

Posted by scottbeck79 on .
Good afternoon & Merry Christmas everyone,

I have a dilemma and I don't know if this is even the right place to ask this question, not to mention I hate dumping my problems off on other people as I am normally a very good researcher when it comes to finding answers but I am just stumped at this point. In fact, I'm literally just going to copy and paste the message I left on this group's website contact form at https://payhip.com/SOLIDGOLDSTORE.

I would have searched for this ahead of time to see if there's a thread already started but I didn't see a search function in the message board section so if there is, I apologize. In this "email", you'll see that while I know a thing or two regarding emulation, it's very basic - I have a Raspberry Pi 3b+ that I'd like to completely revamp the games on it as it was something I purchased locally and the person obviously just dumped a bunch of ROMs, many of which look to be duplicates and a bunch of ROM hacks from 2018 that I don't want. I didn't mean to write a book, but felt I had to give some sort of context on this.

Anyway, without further ado...Here's my message;

Good afternoon,

I purchased a jailbroken PS3 on ebay about 2 months ago with "PS3 Solid Gold Store" added to it. It was an auction item & the guy that does this has apparently done so multiple times. I can't find any sort of walkthrough to guide me on what to do with downloading to the system as I have never messed around with this beyond a Raspberry Pi 3b+. I tried to join the facebook group but since I'm not the one who actually purchased this apparently I can't join. I sent a message on facebook explaining this about a month ago but haven't seen a response. I literally can't find anything online even searching with Duckduckgo or Brave which are usually much better overall searches for anything & everything so I am at a loss here. I have seen some Youtube channels pointing to discord groups and whatnot but I don't have a discord or twitch account, nor do I have regular access to a computer at the moment. I was told that it's as simple as downloading what's available through the Gold Store right to the PS3, yet it shows that i'm supposed to log into my PSN account and risk getting banned. I have no idea how to use WebMan, HEN, how to download the emulators or even which ones are necessary for PS1, PS2, PSP or Vita - which as far as I'm aware, none of that should have to be done to run any of those games on the PS3. The same could be said for all of the other functions that a jailbroken system would allow and I don't want to do something to ruin it since I got rid of literally everything else, including my PS1, PS2...the games...and all my PS3 games. It's not that I can't figure this stuff out but I'm new to this and without a detailed walkthrough or at the very least, a basic guide, how would anyone expect to be able to navigate this at all? I tried downloading Wild Arms from the PS1 PKGs folder and that's the one that prompted me to open up the PSN store. I am well aware of other ROM & MOD sites such as Vimms, PSX place, FreeRoms, Romulation, etc etc etc but I really didn't want to have to go that route unless there were games I owned that weren't available in the PS3 S Gold Store. As of right now, I would not do this again nor could I recommend this service to anyone because this should not be so difficult, especially for the people who don't have the time or patience to learn this. I will eventually figure it out either way, but currently, if I had another PS3, as I had initially planned to keep mine to do this so I could give it to my brother & nephews, but as I said there's no way I could do that at the moment. My brother is no where near as tech savvy as I am and my nephews are too young. If there's anyone that can contact me, either by email or cell phone (920-***-****) so that I might be able to start some sort of discourse on this and get some remedy that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Scott M Beck

So, that was the message. I can't find much of anything to show how to properly navigate the downloads to the PS3 and actually playing them. I don't think there's anything I left out and I have looked everywhere I can think of other than a message board such as this or maybe PSX place. Thank you in advance to anyone who reads through and attempts to give me any insight on this.

Replies:
Re: PS3 Solid Gold Store
scottbeck79 -- 12/28/2022 5:04 pm UTC