Message Board
Register

Rules on game manuals, search function and more!

Posted by scottbeck79 on .
I don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on this but here are mine:

In my opinion,there should be no restrictions as to uploading game manuals from "Gen 8 and 9". I can understand the current "rule" of 2 generations back with games to some degree but for manuals, I don't see the reasoning it would apply.

That being said, it seems 99% of games haven't come with a real manual since the end of the PS3 & Xbox 360 era unless it's some outrageously priced collector's set, or the ridiculous "Limited" nonsense. This is just one reason of many why uploading manuals from said Gen 8/9 and beyond should continually uploaded.

Personally, I think the same should be done with the guides in as many places as possible seeing as how cancel culture hasn't gotten completely cancelled yet. If this were done, I would definitely spend some time collecting & organizing them as I have been doing with ROMs I've gathered separately from a Raspberry Pi I bought about 5 years ago.

If it's not done here, there should be more threads pointing to where people can find them; more open source type files like dropbox or google drive. Even though I can't stand google as a company having the ability to create shared accounts on these platforms is beneficial to all of us, so I guess they're not "all bad".

As far as the search function goes; in the game section I think it works incredibly well! It would be beneficial for the newbies can go back in the archives and not ask the same questions over and over again. I include myself in that category and even though I am learning fairly quickly, this is stuff I have been interested in for years but recently just pulled the trigger on

I realize this takes time, probably a lot of work and keeping a website such as this running, let alone in tip top shape certainly isn't free no matter how many ads are run. I have no idea if the people who do the moderating here ever see threads like this but this is why there should be some sort of donate button. A buck here, 5 bucks there, crypto....whatever. Nobody should have to do all of this upkeep for free and I have thought multiple times now that I wanted to donate.

Feel free to add any other ideas.

Replies:
Re: Rules on game manuals, search function and mor
Danielle -- 2/9/2023 11:56 am UTC
Re: Rules on game manuals, search function and mor
Danielle -- 2/9/2023 12:06 pm UTC