Message Board
Register

Re: Convert Wbfs, Ciso and Nkit.iso

Posted by InterrDylan on .
You are literately just wrong. In the very link you gave me it shows that you need outside data to recover WBFS back to its full glory, and its only for the USA discs anyway so its kinda useless for preservation.

IDK if its actually a principle in data archival but i have heard before that the more steps you need to recover the data the less secure it is. That's why i choose to not use the hyper-v compact vhdx thing because i don't want my data to be dependent on Microsoft's bloated software to be recovered.

Also i think its best practice to not assume we know all that is to know about all the data on every disc and take an objective approach. Instead of assuming that we got all relevant data why not preserve 100% of it regardless if we find it useful or not? You would say because of storage and you would be right but that's why RVZ is so great, it compresses as much as the others without needing a lossy format.

And they are definitely lossy, type "is wbfs lossy" in google and the first link is the dolphin emulator website saying just that.

In reply to: Re: Convert Wbfs, Ciso and Nkit.iso posted by Vimm on .
Please get your facts straight.

https://vimm.net/vault/?p=nkit

Replies:
Vimm -- 2/20/2023 11:28 pm UTC
InterrDylan -- 2/21/2023 2:07 am UTC
Vimm -- 2/21/2023 4:59 am UTC
InterrDylan -- 2/21/2023 7:06 am UTC