Message Board
Register

Re: Vault Maintenance February 20

Posted by pangi on .
When can we expect uploading PS3 games to become available?

In reply to: Vault Maintenance February 20 posted by Vimm on .
Today's maintenance is complete. A server was running hot (90 - 100 Celsius) so I replaced the CPU cooler. Turns out the old heat sink wasn't fully attached and one corner popped off way too easily, plus the thermal paste wasn't evenly spread showing that side was always loose. The new heat sink screws in and is better designed for the case, dropping the temperature to the low 70s. I'll keep an eye on it.

I also added two 8TB SSDs to support expanding the PS3 Vault worldwide. I'll need to take the PS3 Vault down for a day to grow the RAID array first. Until now there's been no way to decrypt PS3 games programmatically but NKit2 finally solves that. With it you'll be able to upload PS3 ISOs and have them decrypted and published automatically, though the process may take several hours depending on disc size and server load. PS3 discs are large! NKit2 also fixes the problem where video on certain hybrid discs is decrypted incorrectly, such as Tekken Hybrid. Several affected games in The Vault have already been updated.

Replies:
Re: Vault Maintenance February 20
Vimm -- 2/21/2023 3:33 pm UTC