Message Board
Register

Re: san andreas suddenly stopped loading (pls read

Posted by MrQua on .
What are u using, PCSX2, AetherSX2
IF PCSX2, the newest versions the v1.7.xxxx versions
or the old 1.6.0?
If i were u id try the older versions, even v1.5.xxxx ones
the best thing is that if u have a real save on memory card (PCSX2)
then those are interchangeable from what i know, so u can migrate those memorycard files to a different version of the emulator and try it there.
With this trick i tried one game on 3 diff versions and not the newest showed the best results, so it was worth it.
So either that or u have maybe a corrupt save file.
Id also suggest to just for exactly this kinda shit happening, do also SAVESTATES.
From time to time at least if u dont want to overuse it.
That would certainly load u in. After that its just deleting the old save and making a new one.
But if u played the PS3, Xbox, Xbox360 versions, i dont know really anything about them, i have not enough power to emulate those, at least for now.
But if PS2 was ur choice, again try ur save file on other PSCX2 versions.
If the same shit happens, well probably save file got corrupted somehow.
It did happened to me, with a diff game. But i had a SAVESTATE, liek always, just in case. Some games tend to just freeze up for no apparent reason, at least non that i know off. So Savestate is a lifesaver.
try PCSX2 v1.6.0, v1.7.xxxx and lastly v1.5.xxxx versions.
U can go even for older ones like 1.4.0 but thats pretty old by now.
Or u start from scratch and this time ull save progress and also do savestates from time to time, just to be sure.
But first try to copy those memorycard files, to those different PCSX2 versions and loading in those versions, also dont forget to set up tha emulator, graphics etc. So something else wont pop up.

In reply to: san andreas suddenly stopped loading (pls read fir posted by geronimo on .
st). i read the faq but this is slightly different bc it was working fine for a week and longer and i played for hours. it just suddenly stopped loading. can this be shrugged off as well emulators arent perfect or it this actually fixable?