Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: this site is extremely slow for no reason

Posted by TomRiddle98 on .
I mean people talk about how the speeds were slow then and will keep talking about it in the foreseeable future.

See, the thing is I've just never seen the speeds of DDL sites equal to what you'd get just torrenting

Bottom line: You want Faster speeds for downloads? Get a reputable VPN like Mullvad and switch to torrenting. Believe me, you'll feel much more satisfied.

refer to the r/piracy megathread because the links that it has are typically reputable and are free of malware.

"Oh so you're a dumpbro, right? Then prove your legally owned copy of Mother 3."

In reply to: this site is extremely slow for no reason posted by faroutchick on .
This whole thing you got going on here isn't really working.

You're the last trustworthy source for the wares made available through your site.

Ever since emuparadise, people have flocked here and you have limited download speeds to compensate for the increase in traffic. Bad idea.

People have come forth over the last couple years and offered to make donations to allow for more bandwidth. You ignore them. Bad idea.

If you really care about what you have here then you will listen to them and implement those changes.

You have downloads capped at 700/800 kb/s when the site has heavy traffic. That's not practical for anyone. A 300mb takes 20 minutes in the year 2023?

Get with the times and let people give you money so the rest of us don't have to have our computers on all day just to download a few files.