Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Thanks, Internet!

Posted by Tarbolde on .
I was looking for a particular version of sfa2.zip. Every one that I found was missing certain files like 'sz2ux.03' etc., so I did a search for those files specifically.

At this point in a search, it starts to get serious. The usual sources have been exhausted, and it won't be long before meeting victory or defeat no, it's serious now. There's really just the one acceptable outcome.

The jungle cat is on the prowl...

Nothing too promising at first, but a result from McAfee SiteAdvisor listed sz2ux.03 in a download analysis report. SA scans select files for safety.

Link to that page:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/streetfighter-fr.com/downloads/3104684/

Their report showed sz2ux.03 etc. as being in the archive and also gave a direct link to sfa2.zip, along with a link to the website that it came from.

After performing the SiteAdvisor-enabled bandwidth-rape, curiosity took me to the website that SA is so shamelessly exploiting.

Streetfighter-fr.com has this to say about sfa2.zip: ""Une version améliorée de SFZ2 uniquement sortie au Japon qui permet quelques inovations comme le Dramatic Battle mode, présent dans SFZ 1 et 3."

Indeed. And in the spirit of that, I'll add: "McAfee-SA ROM Finder fournit un excellent service pour les joueurs de jeux vidéo et de sangsues, trop!"

Sometimes an indirect approach can be surprisingly fruitful.

"Thanks, Internet!"

In reply to: Thanks, Internet! posted by Tarbolde on .
After the Digital TV Transition I lost the channel that carried my favorite TV program.

The network had it at their website, but streaming video is a 'no' on my connection.

Could have watched at a friend's place, but then I'd have to leave the house.

And have friends. (*sheds tear*)

An uploader had me covered, though, whatever their motivations. And someone with a hi-speed connection helped out.
The files reached me via Sneakernet. It took some extra effort, but I finally got to see my show their show.

Sometimes when IRL fails, the Internet prevails!

"Thanks, Internet!"

Replies:
Thanks, Internet!
Tarbolde -- 11/25/2011 3:26 am UTC
Thanks, Internet!
Tarbolde -- 7/5/2012 11:32 pm UTC
Tricob -- 7/6/2012 11:30 pm UTC
Tarbolde -- 7/8/2012 9:43 am UTC
Tricob -- 7/8/2012 11:29 pm UTC