Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Hey, so, um... what's up?

Posted by Tricob on .
Well, I came up with a game idea that (I think) would work well for a Genesis game. It's a bit too ambitious for the Atari 2600, and memory would be too much a factor with the vanilla NES. And not being a fan of SNES's "diamond" buttons layout, the Genesis seems like the most practical approach to me.

Anyway, it was suggested by a game reviewer that Superman was always cursed when it came to console games. He didn't say it right out, but he suspected it was deemed impossible that a "good" Superman game would ever evolve. I chose to challenge that insinuation. Over half the day at work, while I did my work, I pondered over how to do a "good" Superman game, looked over the details bit-by-bit, and had over half of a complete game concept *and* story by the end of my work shift.

I've long wanted to make an ambitious game of sorts for the Genesis, which would take advantage of my programming experience when I'd designed enough Genesis games. Finally, a concept has come into fruition. :-)

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Hey, so, um... what's up? posted by GeminiMan on .
Hey, everyone! It's been awhile and I was just wondering what everyone has been up to lately. You know, those of you who are still lurking around. ;) Any idea if Satan's Blob, PepsiBeth, Nekro, etc. are still alive?

Personally, I graduated with my BS in anthropology last year, and have been living abroad on a Fulbright grant for the last seven months, mostly teaching English to high school kids. I generally fill my free time with browsing Reddit, doing language study, wandering around, and skyping.

I've only stayed in contact with Danoz and FatDan the last several years, beyond occasionally lurking around here and ZMD, so any and all updates are appreciated!