Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Thanks, Internet!

Posted by Dhaos on .
Don't forget with eBay that the seller now pays the final value price on item + shipping. It's a total scam that eBay is racking in money for doing nothing and killing sellers. For instance I had to ship something to Canada (even though I had posted no sellers outside the US in my listing). The item only cost the buyer $10 but shipping was like $23. Since I'm not getting any cheaper price on shipping than what I can tell the seller, and because eBay could ruin my reputation with a bad review and still make me pay a final value fee, I end up only making around $5.25. Fuck You, Internet!

In reply to: Re: Thanks, Internet! posted by Tricob on .
I ran into a similar problem trying to get a Pocket Arcade release from Tomy. It was a TMNTs wind-up game from 1990; they're insanely rare, and just about impossible to find anywhere. Someone on E-Bay is selling their copy, but doesn't deliver to the U.S.. I intend to negotiate with the seller on this issue after my next paycheck; maybe I can pay for the delivery charges by then.

The game is called "Leonardo's Pizza Vault", BTW. But don't waste your time playing it; get Desert Race or Copter Combat instead. I'm only getting the game to make my Pocket Arcade reviews video more complete.

- Tricob.

Replies:
Tricob -- 7/8/2012 11:35 pm UTC
Dhaos -- 7/9/2012 12:50 pm UTC
Tricob -- 7/12/2012 12:48 am UTC
Tarbolde -- 7/8/2012 9:45 am UTC