Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Games That You've Beaten

Posted by Dhaos on .
>>Newer games often seem to want to provide an enjoyable experience and maybe even an ego boost in order to get the player to buy the sequel.

You've never played Demon Souls or it's sequel Dark Souls have you? Those games are designed to f**k you up.

In reply to: Re: Games That You've Beaten posted by Tarbolde on .
That list is pretty solid, Snake. I'm always meaning to get to a few of those, like the Castlevania and Metroid titles and Chrono Trigger. Of the games on your list, I've beaten Double Dragon II, Ninja Gaiden II, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past. Link was the first SNES game that I took down, in fact. Good stuff.

>>after these two consoles games started to be designed in a way that you were intended to get to the end of them. I think I beat just about every PSX and PS2 title I ever purchased.

Older video games were more like carnival games in that their high level of difficulty would challenge/frustrate/taunt the player into trying again. Newer games often seem to want to provide an enjoyable experience and maybe even an ego boost in order to get the player to buy the sequel.

I'll be posting a few PSX and PS2 games, so you might want to get yours in here as well.

-Tarbolde

"Warriors! Show some guts! You can't escape me! Come get me if you can!"

Replies:
Re: Games That You've Beaten
Tarbolde -- 7/29/2013 6:31 am UTC